(Photo credit: Alexandre-Pierre Gaspar)
- The palace ? Neuschwanstein Castle, a Romanesque Revival, commissioned by Ludwig II of Bavaria as a retreat and as an homage to Richard Wagner.
- The bridge ? Named after Marie of Prussia, the mother of Ludwig II of Bavaria.
- The opening year ? Immediately after the Ludwig II’s death in 1886.
- The location ? Above the village of Hohenschwangau near Füssen in southwest Bavaria, Germany.